The materials used in this project were retrieved from several sources. The probiotic drink (source of L.casei) and the beverages (Milk, Tea, Coffee, Cola, Energy drink, Sterile water and LB Broth) samples were taken from different sites.
1. Probiotic drink: The L.casei host, the probiotic drink was taken from a packet of five probiotic drinks bought from the Giant supermarket stall in IMM shopping mall.
2. Energy Drink: One of the beverages, the energy drink sample was taken from a 250ml can purchased from the Giant supermarket stall in IMM shopping mall.
3. Milk: Another beverage, the milk sample was taken from a 200 ml carton of milk bought from the school canteen drinks stall.
4. Tea: Similarly, the tea sample was taken from a 500 ml bottle acquired from the school canteen drinks stall.
5. Coffee: Also another beverage used, the coffee sample was taken from a 240 ml can obtained from the 7-11 convenient shop located in Dover MRT station.
6. Cola: Likewise, the cola sample was taken from a 240ml can attained from the 7-11 convenient shop situated in Dover MRT station.
7. Sterile water: A control used, the sterile water sample was taken from a schott bottle of sterilized water from the school biotechnology lab.
8. LB Broth: An additional control, the LB broth sample was taken from a container of LB Broth from the school biotechnology lab.
Overall Results for 10^0 dilution
Overall Results for 10^2 dilution
Overall Results for 10^3 dilution
Overall Results for 10^4 dilution
It was normal that when the dilution gets higher, the amount of colonies growing on MRS after being put with tea and sterilized water decreased. But in this case, it was a bit abnromal as It was not proportionate and in fact, there were no colonies growing on sterilized water on the 10^-3 dilution set data while in no dilution, it was TMTC.